Red Lion Controls, York PA (1999 – Present)
President of a leading industrial controls company with full P&L responsibility for over $120m in sales and 380 employees. Direct report to director of UK-based parent company, Spectris plc. Responsible for strategy generation and implementation, and for all aspects of company operations.
Vice President of Engineering for a brief period upon moving from the United Kingdom.
- Drove customer-focused values and culture into all aspects of the company’s organization.
- Repositioned brand from panel meters to solutions in communication, monitoring and control.
- Organically doubled the company’s revenue via the introduction of a new HMI product line.
- Diligenced and integrated acquisitions that doubled the size of the company once again.
- Constructed new management team and culture suited to changing scale of the business.
- Delivered long-term revenue growth, and maintained profitability through economic cycles.
- Expanded sales structure from US-based distribution to a global mix of channels and staff.
- Transitioned factory from 4-week to 3-day cycle time to improve service and cut inventory.
Paradigm Controls Limited, Chesterfield, England (1993 – 1999)
Managing Director and Founder of an industrial electronics company specializing in intelligent operator interface terminals. Responsible for raising start-up capital, and for the development of the company’s initial product range. Negotiated and managed the company’s eventual sale to Spectris plc as a bolt-on acquisition for Red Lion Controls in 1996.
Overseer Systems Limited, Chesterfield, England (1991 – 1993)
Technical Director of a control systems company, with responsibility for managing a team of six development engineers. Responsible for migration of the company from an older product range to a leading-edge design. Part of board-level team charged with overall financial and marketing direction, and with the establishment of a new office in the North of England.
Axiomatic Design Limited, Chesterfield, England (1989 – 1991)
Managing Director and Founder of a three-person engineering consultancy firm, specializing in embedded microprocessor designs. Responsible for start-up financing and the day-to-day operation of the business. Also responsible for the provision of software development services to clients.